Frank Z. Ruttenberg
Show Date: May 29th, 2019
Listen to podcast at:
Frank Z. Ruttenberg
Haynes Boone Attorneys
Frank Ruttenberg studied business finance and tax law before entering the practice of commercial and real estate law in San Antonio, Austin and Central Texas. This pragmatic combination of disciplines forms the foundation for an extensive representation of businesses and joint ventures.
In general commercial law, Frank assists businesses with day-to-day operating needs, negotiating and drafting business contracts and business entities documentation for limited partnerships, limited liability companies, general partnerships, and corporations. He prepares intra-owner agreements for commercial entities of all types and the documentation in connection with the formation of investment capital. Frank also assists family law attorneys with business separations as a part of marital dissolutions.
Frank is involved in assisting development clients with the purchase, sale or lease of groundwater and surface water rights, the development of diversion facilities, and other water development and water supply agreements.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “Finish-Out and Work Letters,” speaker, UTLAW CLE 2017 Bernard O. Dow Leasing Institute, Houston, November 10, 2017. • “Satisfying Texans’ Thirst for Water,” guest author, Rivard Report, October 9, 2013.
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., Real Estate Law, 2008-2019 • Recognized as a 2013 Outstanding Lawyer by San Antonio Business Journal, American City Business Journals, 2013 • Chairman of the Partnership and LLC Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.
Professional and Community Activities
- San Antonio Zoological Society, President of the Board, 2019; Development Committee, Chairman; Investment/Finance Committee, Member; Executive Committee, Treasurer
- Chairman of the Board, Las Casas Foundation
State Bar of Texas Website
- Vice Chair, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and Partnership and Chair, Limited Liability Company Law Committee
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- San Antonio Foundation for Cultural Arts, Chairman of the Board of Directors, 2014
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Committee on Partnerships
- San Antonio Bar Association, Real Estate Discussion Group