Brian Kelley, Ph.D.
Show Date: October 23rd, 2019
Listen to podcast at:
Brian Kelley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Assistant-Associate Dean Fellow
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Kelley’s Areas of Teaching Interest
Wireless and Digital Communications, 4G Cellular Systems, Smart Antennas, Statistical Signal Processing, Real Time Communications & Embedded Signal Processing, C++ Data/structures, Computer Arithmetic.
Dr. Kelley’s Areas of Research Interest
4G Cellular Communications, signal processing algorithms for wireless communications, 3G cellular, OFDMA, MIMO, ultra wideband communications, systems on a integrated circuit chip (SoC), digital radios, software definable radio (SDR), object oriented modeling of large scale communication systems, application specific DSP processors, system level design, and high speed computer arithmetic.
Selected Publications and Patents
- Chang, S., and Kelley, B.T., ” Time Synchronization for OFDM-based WLAN Systems”, June 2003, IEE Electronic Letter, Vol 39, No. 13.
- Kelley, B.T., “On Rapid Prototyping and Design of a Wireless Communication SoC—Delivered Conference Invited Talk”, 1999 IEEE ICCAD/ISSS conference, San Jose, CA.
- Kelley, B.T. “Virtual Bandwidth Digital Receiver Conversion Signal Processor”, MOTOROLA Technical Developments Volume 33, pp. 65-68, December 1997.
- Kelley, B.T. and Madisetti, V.K. “The Fast Discrete Radon Transform”, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 382-400, July 1993.
- Kelley, B.T. and Madisetti V.K., “Efficient VLSI Architectures for the 1-D and 2-D Arithmetic Fourier Transform (AFT)”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 365-384, January, 1993.
- Kelley, B.T., and Madisetti V.K., “The Discrete Fast Radon Transform (FRT)”, IEEE 1992 International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 5, pp. 3219-3222, San Francisco, CA.
- Satish Kulkarni, Brian Kelley, “Reconfigurable Vector-FFT/IFFT, Vector-Multiplier/Divider for WLAN 802.11 with VLSI Micro-Footprint,” 2002, U.S. Patent #7,082,451
- Brian Kelley, “Decorrelating Rake Receiver Apparatus and Method,” 2003, U.S. patent # 7,187,940
- Kelley, B.T., Taubenheim, D., Johnson, D. “Temporally Adaptive Signal Classifier apparatus with Perfect Detection Capability”, 1999, U.S. patent #6,198,779
- Kelley, B.T. and Johnson, David M., “Super Scalar Minimum Latency Wallace-MAC with Dual Accumulator Feedback”, 1998, U.S. Patent #5847981.
- Rahman , S., Corleto, J., and Kelley, B.T., “On Chip Fine AFC Using CORDIC Angle Rotation for Digital Receivers”, 1996, U.S. patent #6,192,089.
- Kelley, B.T., and Bonet, L., “Multiplierless VLSI ROM Mixer for High Rate Digital IF”, 1995, U.S. patent #6,233,287
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1992