Show Date: May 2nd, 2018
Download podcast at: Omny.fm
Victoria M. Garcia
Managing Partner, Bracewell San Antonio
Focusing on immigration, labor and employment law, Victoria Garcia represents U.S. and international companies in all aspects of labor and employment, and immigration. She also serves as the managing partner of Bracewell’s San Antonio office.
Victoria provides clients with comprehensive legal guidance regarding business immigration matters, including (i) obtaining non-immigrant and immigrant visas for foreign employees, (ii) responding to inquiries and audits from the Department of Homeland Security, and (iii) complying with U.S. immigration laws in the hiring, retention and management of domestic workforces. Victoria also represents clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including employment discrimination litigation, administrative proceedings, labor/management relations, and the formulation of policies and procedures relating to every aspect of the employment relationship.
Additionally, Victoria provides clients with advice and counsel on international employment issues, including the application of United States legislation abroad, the transfer, assignment and separation of employees on foreign assignment, the transfer of employees between subsidiaries and related entities, and on conflicts between U.S. and foreign legislation.
▪ The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 1989
▪ The University of Texas at Austin, M. Public Affairs 1989
▪ Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service 1985 magna cum laude
▪ Free Trade Alliance San Antonio Board, 1994 – 2017; Executive Committee, 1994 – 2017; Counsel, 2010 – 2017, 2002 – 2007; Board Chair, 2009; Board Chair Elect, 2008; Secretary, 1999, 1995; Finance Committee, Vice-Chair, 1998 – 1998; Operations Committee Chair, 1996 – 1997
*Port San Antonio Board of Directors, 2009 – 2018; Board Chair, 2017-2018; Committee Vice-Chair, 2013 – 2016; Vice-Chair, 2016, 2013; Secretary/Treasurer, 2012
▪ Texas Public Radio Board of Directors, 2015 – 2017
▪ United Way of San Antonio & Bexar County Board of Trustees, 2012 – 2017
▪ Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas Board Development Committee, 2012 – 2017
▪ Western District of Texas Admissions and Disciplinary Committee
▪ State Bar of Texas Professional Ethics Committee, 1995 – 2004
▪ American Bar Association International Labor and Employment Law Section
▪ San Antonio Bar Association
▪ American Immigration Lawyers Association
▪ China Advisory Subcommittee to the City of San Antonio Member, 2011 – 2012
▪ Global Strategy Advisory Committee to the City of San Antonio Member, 2012 – 2014