Major Tim Wade
Show Date: April 25th, 2018
Download podcast at: Omny.fm
Major Tim Wade
Public Affairs Officer, Alamo Wing
US Air Force Reserves
Maj. Timothy Wade is a Chief, Public Affairs of the Air Force Reserve Command’s 433rd Airlift Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. He supports the operations and activities of approximately 2,500 personnel assigned to the wing headquarters and 21 subordinate units. The Alamo Wing is the home of the Formal Training Unit for all C-5M Super Galaxy aircrew training.
Major Wade has deployed twice in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. He has supported operations in at the Combined Joint Task Force Horn of Africa at Camp Lemonier, Djibouti as a public affairs operations officer and now closed Manas Air Base, Kyrgyzstan as chief, public affairs. He also deployed to Dover Air Force Base in support of the Air Force Mortuary Operations to provide dignity honor and respect to the fallen and support their families. He is a career public affairs officer with over 15 years of experience.
1999 Bachelor of Arts degree in mass communication, Alcorn State University, Lorman, Miss.
2001 Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Air and Space Basic Course, resident program, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Defense Information School, Ft. George G. Meade, Md.
2011 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2016 Master of Science degree in Military Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. January 2002 – November 2004: Public affairs officer, 62nd Airlift Wing, McChord AFB, Wash.
2. December 2004 – January 2008: Community relations action officer, currently media relations action officer, Public Affairs, Headquarters Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. May 2009 – March 2010- Public affairs officer, 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington
4. March 2010 – August 2011: Chief, Public Affairs, 931st Air Refueling Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. August 2011 – Present: Chief, Public Affairs, 433rd Airlift Wing, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal (3 three oak leaf clusters)
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary ribbon with gold border